Jamaican Style Steamed Snapper Fish
As a pescatarian I try to get my seafood in at least 3 times per week. Red snapper and salmon are my two favorites. Sustainably sourced seafood such as salmon, snapper, mackerel, sardines and sea bass, are great sources of heart healthy omega 3 fatty acids.
- Medium to large sauce pan depending on size of fish.
- 1 whole red snapper fish gutted and cleaned
- 1/4 each red, green, yellow, orange bell pepper chopped
- 2 stalks thyme
- 1 clove garlic shopped
- 1/4 medium onion chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 dash sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 small carrot chopped
- 1 small potato chopped in small cubes
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp seasoned salt
- Place whole fish in a sauce pan
- Add add all ingredients in pan on top of fish
- Cover and let steam for approximately 10 minutes on medium heat
- Lower temperature to low heat and let simmer for another 15 minutes or so until potatoes and carrots are tender.